What is Expedition Cruising?
Expedition cruising is different than river or ocean cruising
I love expedition travel. Here’s an overview of the differences between a regular cruise and an expedition cruise. And, having done a circumnavigation of Newfoundland with Lindblad expeditions last year, I can tell you it is a phenomenal sailing opportunity.
And – the great news. Lindblad is bringing this Newfoundland circumnavigation sailing back in 2019! See https://www.expeditions.com/destinations/north-america/canada/itineraries/the-canadian-maritimes/overview/
What is the difference between cruising and expedition cruising? Watch.
Here are 10 things you need to know about expedition travel.
1. The mission of an expedition is discovery.
2. Authentic expedition ships act as base camps.
3. Expeditions feature expert naturalists and guest speakers.
4. National Geographic photographers & certified photo instructors onboard.
5. There are cool tools for exploration onboard.
6. An ethnomusicologist & culinary naturalist create local opps.
7. Exploration is active, not passive sightseeing.
8. Making a positive impact on places explored is key.
9. To be on an expedition means to roam free.
10. Expeditions even explore the undersea.
I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed my experience with Lindblad.
Here’s a quick interview with one of the naturalist onboard my sailing, that is typical of the naturalists onboard every Lindblad Expedition sailing.
And here’s an interview with a photography instructor, typical of the National Geographic photographers onboard each Lindblad Expeditions sailing.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 613-837-0699.