We had a great zoom call with Micato Safaris last week/
What Makes Micato Different?
- Travel+Leisure has named Micato the #1 World’s Best Safari Outfitter an unprecedented nine times. We were also named Travel+Leisure World’s Best Value on every poll ever taken and we’re the only tour operator in Travel+Leisure’s Hall of Fame.
- Micato Africa founders Felix and Jane Pinto are native Kenyans who live in Africa. They, along with the rest of the Micato team, are available to consult with you at any time about whatever you may want or need. And the Pinto Family’s long history and established standing throughout Africa enables “only with Micato” access to extraordinary people, places, and experiences.
- Dine at home with the Pintos. Share a meal with Felix and Jane Pinto in Nairobi or with Pinto family friends in Cape Town or Johannesburg. You’ll get a rare and beloved insider’s view of Africa while experiencing a truly authentic African feast.
- Itineraries perfected by generations of experience and local knowledge.
- Extensive safety protocols perfected by 55 years of on-the-ground expertise.
- Luxurious camps and lodges – obsessively, continually curated.
- Only Micato includes a highly-credentialed, Silver or Gold-level Safari Director on every trip in East Africa — in addition to a well-versed Driver Guide. Two dynamic, exuberant experts instead of the solitary driver most companies provide.
- Only Micato offers a wonder-working Concierge Team on safari, available in person or phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from just about anywhere a Micato safari will take you, from deep in the bush to downtown Nairobi. They’re poised to meet last-minute, unexpected, and unusual requests. Forgot a prescription? Lost your reading glasses? Craving your favourite snack? Just pick up the phone.
- No tipping. Ever. No exceptions. Years ago Micato established the groundbreaking industry policy of including all gratuities, even substantial ones to Safari Directors, Driver-Guides, Trackers and Rangers, in addition to our usual inclusions of waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your luxury safari. We’ve completely removed the anxiety about when to reach into your pocket for a gratuity, as well as figuring out how much.
- All meals included, too. Moreover, you may decide on-the-spot to dine at a restaurant of your choice on a Micato Custom Safari and we’ll happily pick up the tab. Africa has astonishing culinary choices and there are virtually no limits to where and how often you can indulge. And no worries about making reservations or finding hot spots before you travel; we’ve got that covered; perhaps one reason SAVEUR magazine named Micato Safaris Best Culinary Tour Operator.
- Drinks are on us during mealtimes. East and South Africa have an evolving selection of regional wines and craft beer, so we’re delighted to include wine and beer as well as bottled water, and soft drinks. And in Southern Africa we often pick up the tab for spirits, too.
- Valet laundry service included everywhere, every day. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury.
- Our small-group, boutique luxury safaris never number more than 18 guests and quite often only 12, or fewer. That means more personalized attention from your Micato Safari Directors and Driver-Guides at every turn.
And contact me to arrange a trip.