Today, I’m very fortunate to have my good friend, and business networking partner, Shane Silva, share his insights into “Why Home Ownership Matters.” Shane is the broker of record with Home Life Capital Realty in Ottawa.
Read Shane’s post below. Since he reports Ontarians are largely home-owners, and home-owners report a better quality of life, me thinks home owners are travelers too! 🙂 Of course, I’m here to help you experience a truly lush life by orchestrating your travel needs. But – if you need help purchasing or selling a home- please give my friend Shane a call! Everything he touches, turns to “sold!” His contact details are at the end of the blog post.
WHY HOME OWNERSHIP MATTERS
* Home owners say they have better Quality of Life. They report being happier, healthier and enjoy a greater feeling of control over their lives.
* Home owners are free to redecorate, renovate and modify their homes as they wish.
* Most home owners enjoy stable housing costs – a fixed rate mortgage payment might change a little over time while rent in Ontario has increased an average 3.5% a year.
* Home owners are civically engaged. Homeowners are much more likely to say they voted in the last municipal election than renters.
* Home owners are significantly more likely to have donated to charity, participated in local festivals/events, volunteered, and written a letter to their editor.
* The overwhelming majority (94%) of Ontarians agree that owning a home provides a stable and healthy environment for raising a family.
* 72% of Ontario households are owner occupied. Ontario is a province of homeowners.
* In 2010, Ontario MLS® home sales generated $9.3 billion in additional consumer spending.
* Every home purchased in Ontario pumps $47,575 into the economy for furniture, home improvements and related items.
* Home sales on MLS® generate over 80,000 direct and indirect jobs annually in Ontario.
As REALTORS®, we know all this. But not everyone does.
So spread the word: Home Ownership Matters!
HomeLife Capital Realty
9-2559 Innes Rd., Ottawa,ON.