The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is on at Walt Disney World from September 27 – November 11, 2013. It is a special event that requires theme park admission to Epcot.
Taste your way around the world on an unforgettable tour of eclectic cultures, global cuisines and the finest wine country offerings at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
And see how the coverage in media started in Orlando.
Dis Boards posted this “by the Numbers” summary on their site:
- More than 300 national and international wines
- A record 46 days long
- More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $3-$8
- 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
- More than 300 wine and beer seminars
- More than 1,200 fireworks exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth”
- 138 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
- 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
- 1.5 million sumptuous samplings throughout the festival
- 600 items tasted during VIP Chef Tours
- 300,000 wine servings
- 360,000 servings of beer
- 100,000 desserts
- More than 500 pounds of watermelon to be tasted at the 3D Disney’s Dessert Discovery parties.
- More than 5,000 pounds of lobster for Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Rolls and Linda Bean’s Lobster Claw Cuddlers at the Hops & Barley marketplace plus Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie at the Ireland marketplace.
Call me to arrange your visit.