I was thrilled to hear that Backroads Travel is now partnering with AMA Waterways to combine a bike trip with a river cruise. How cool is that?
See link http://www.backroads.com/trips/BDAI-9/danube-river-cruise-bike-tour
And details from my partner’s website:
An Odyssey through Four Countries from Prague to Budapest
Sail with us through the heart of Europe – in signature Backroads style with our expert leaders, custom Titanium bikes, routes and support. From Prague to Nuremberg, Regensburg and Vienna, and on to Budapest, voyage aboard one of the Danube River’s finest ships. You’ll unpack once and savor extraordinary views of cityscapes from expansive outdoor decks and panoramic windows. And journey ashore by bike, discovering peaceful countryside and storybook towns. At day’s end, return to the ship for fun-filled evenings of wining, dining and camaraderie. Enjoy an incredible trip, visiting glorious countries and a wealth of unforgettable experiences. Welcome aboard!
- With graceful bridges, spires, turrets and abbey towers embellishing its banks, the Danube River guides you through history
- Experience each grand cityscape as it was historically designed to impress: from the water
- Enjoy one of our most flexible itineraries – an ideal trip for a range of cycling abilities
- Experience unforgettable moments like pedaling in Austria’s famous Wachau Valley wine region and an evening cruise through Budapest’s illuminated cityscape
- Choose between more miles on your bike or expertly guided tours on foot