When you cruise, is it important to you to fix your costs upfront?
This is a page from my guide, which I’ve summarized below.
River cruises tend to include shore excursions, some beverages, wifi, etc.
- There is a daily guided trip included in the fare – one for every port.
- More in-depth excursions involving buses and admission tickets can often cost extra
- Beer & wine at meals is generally included; as is bottled water, coffee, tea, fresh fruit & cookies
- Wifi is free whenever it’s available (doesn’t work in locks, generally works better in lobby than cabin)
Ocean cruises tend to charge additionally for shore excursions, beverages, wifi (some exceptions)
- Few include shore excursions in price (save Regent, Viking Ocean as example)
- Going ashore typically involves a tour that you purchase at an extra price (unless you move on your own)
- Moving about on your own typically still involves transport to the city/ port
- Wifi can be very expensive, and excruciatingly slow – regardless of where you are
River cruises can appear to be higher-priced, but they generally include more upfront
What sounds right for you?
Download my guide here https://lushlife.lpages.co/the-beginners-guide-to-river-cruising/